Thursday, January 15, 2009

A plane just landed in the Hudson River

posted by The Vidiot @ 4:35 PM Permalink


That's weird. I got an email from a friend who's friend was twittered that linked to the twitter page showing this image. Anyway, I didn't believe it at first because the picture was sort of surreal and I couldn't find it on any of the local sites. Now the story is up and running though.

Why I even mentioned it is I just went to the window. I'm about 11 floors up and have a clear view to the river from Chelsea and I saw the "armada" floating down the Hudson river. I guess it went down at 48th street a bit before 4pm and then it started floating downstream and it just passed 14th street at about 4:30.

Weird.

It's my nightmare. I feel bad for those cold, wet, freaked out people.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

As a private pilot I have to say the crew of that plane did an incredible job! Both engines out, looking for alt venues and deciding to pick the Hudson in less than a minute is literally awesome!

The info from the black boxes will be taught for generations.

And you my friend were an eye witness. So much better than being on board.

p.s. I kinda felt bad about all those folks in freezing temps & water ... until I realized the alternative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home