Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I feel the earth move under my feet I feel the sky tumbling down tumbling down…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 10:56 AM Permalink

…which has been the way I've been feeling the last couple of weeks or more, but not in a good way as Carol King sang it.

Medications I've taken for years suddenly turned on me, erupting to do violence upon my skin. Ever had to cover yourself from top to bottom with a gooey ointment, then cover that with Saran Wrap, replete with rubber gloves on both hands twice a day for over a week? It's virtually impossible to type with rubber gloves on, take my word for it. And I'll never buy Saran Wrap ever again in my life.

On top of that the rapidly changing "mini-environment" of the S.F. By Area lit up every pain sensor in my body so the V.A. doubled (again) my morphine dosages, which also does not lend itself well to clarity of thought. Hard to write cohesively when you forget your name every few minutes…what was I saying?

But the saddest most vile and disgusting thing as I start to regain the ability to think and enjoy free will is that those idiotic, ignorant, waste-of-skin-windbags in the republican party are still playing the party of no - for no reason I can discern - and betraying both their country and their constituents. Cowards! Pusillanimous pussyfooters in the very finest Spiro Agnew sense of those words. Maybe more republicans need to follow in Agnew's steps and land themselves in jail for tax evasion or whatever is chic this year (they already molest children, cheat on their wives, try to force dying people to become lab rats in experiments to see just how long a totally brain dead person can be kept alive, and they will soon, if they get their way, get to chain women to hospital beds and force them to bear a child resulting from rape or incest, and totally without regard to the health of the mother.)

And they even have Governor Arnold to give voice to their sentiments, "If she dies, she dies, only the unborn child matters and we will kill anyone who disagrees with us."

So after finally curing my skin and fighting through my morphine haze attempting to achieve partial clarity of thought I turn on cable news again and what do I find?

SSDD. It just doesn't seem fair does it?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

Welcome back.

Though as you've noticed, there's been no drastic change in our political environment.

SSDD indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home