Friday, June 12, 2009

My Congresscritter did something I agree with?!

posted by The Vidiot @ 9:35 AM Permalink

It's like I woke up in a parallel universe or something.
Congressman Kucinich, along with Rep. Edolphus Towns (D-NY), announced Tuesday that the House Financial Services Committee will subpoena the Federal Reserve to ascertain the details of the Fed’s agreements with Bank of America in the institution’s acquisition of Merrill Lynch.
I can hardly believe it. Additionally, Kucinich signed on to HR 1207 which is Ron Paul's audit the Fed bill. It now has majority support in the House.

Now, normally, I wouldn't recommend that you call your Congresscritters or $enators and tell them to do anything because chances are likely that they'll not do anything that doesn't benefit them. However, I don't think a lot of them realize what the Fed is so they may just go ahead and sign on to the bill. Also, I can't think of what else our political institution could do to rattle the Fed's cage more than an audit would.

It could all be for show and an audit will just be like watching a big broadway musical with lights, music by Andrew Lloyd Weber and choreography by that chick from the TV show "Fame." But this morning, for a brief period of time, I'm just not feeling all that cynical. So call your people and let them know -- support HR1207 in the House and S604 in the Senate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home