Friday, September 04, 2009

Let's Talk About Sex

posted by The Sailor @ 4:02 PM Permalink

UN Guide for Sex Ed Generates Opposition

A set of proposed international sex education guidelines aimed at reducing H.I.V. infections among young people has provoked criticism from conservative groups that say the program would be too explicit for young children and promote access to legal abortion as a right.
“In the absence of a vaccine for AIDS, education is the only vaccine we have,” said Mark Richmond, Unesco’s global coordinator for H.I.V. and AIDS and the director of the division that coordinates educational priorities. “Only 40 percent of young people aged 15 to 24 have accurate knowledge” of how the disease is transmitted, he said, even though that age group “accounts for 45 percent of all new cases.”
A draft issued in June has been attacked by conservative and religious groups, mainly in the United States, for recommending discussions of homosexuality, describing sexual abstinence as “only one of a range of choices available to young people” to prevent disease and unwanted pregnancy, and suggesting a discussion of masturbation with children as young as 5.

“If you ever have a situation where kids need to be taught earlier than their adolescence, this is not the way to do it,” said Colin Mason of the Population Research Institute, an anti-abortion organization based in Virginia. “It’s very graphic and encourages practices like masturbation, which conservative Christians and others feel are wrong.”
Where to begin!? I'll start here: IF they believed in abstinence, which they profess to believe in but don't practice, (e.g. Palin's daughter and ex-future son-in-law), then masturbation is a perfect outlet. Heck, even some infants figure it out on their own. It's not just natural, it's part of our coding, as is sex.

I'll make up my own stats here, (like Megan McArdle does), and say that 80% of men & women masturbate. The other 20% lie about it.

So what these christains believe, contrary to human behavior and all facts, is that no one should have sex, be told about sex, or even think about sex. Until they're married in a christain church, and even then they're not supposed to enjoy it.

No pun intended, but f**k that!
Sex is good, sex is healthy, and if it isn't you're not doing it right. (Insert (no pun intended) mandatory safe sex practices here.)

The church of If It Feels Good It Must Be Bad doesn't care that these repressive beliefs will result in the suffering and deaths of multiple thousands of people. They only want to impress their views on the world while trying to keep their own repression 'of god's will' a secret.

Cross posted at SteveAudio


At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leveraging the subject of sex is a primary tool of political propaganda.

During the pre-history of humanity's matriarchal period, the supreme being was an Earth Mother. Women were actually the first masters of political discourse. But then, the male children of those female leaders absorbed from their mommas sufficient knowledge as to the focal importance of how sex was being used to diffuse the male population's desire for political dialogue.

Ultimately, a patriarchal alternative was composed by these more effete male dependents and -- because its focus had been altered away from a cooperative sexual fulfillment to instead culturally embrace the more violent and perverted satisfaction of rape -- the matriarchy was crushed by the fledgling religious institutions of male-dominated, warfare tyranny.

Patriarchal religions do not want to outlaw sex per-se, they just wants total control over how it is practiced. Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll. The Khans were masters at it. So were(are) the Popes. This is reasonably why most military Chaplins are male.

Read Frank Herbert's DUNE series, especially the last three books. He understood it well.


At 10:31 AM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

Show me someone who claims to have never masturbated in their entire lifetime and I'll show you a liar.

At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't know ... show me somebody who professes to have never masturbated and I'll simply presume that they are a pentagle*-amputee.


*pentagle (but it only works with males) -- single, double, triple, quadruple ... you get the idea.


Post a Comment

<< Home