Friday, October 16, 2009

The Balloon Boy story was annoying from the beginnning.

posted by The Vidiot @ 7:51 AM Permalink

I had a girlfriend call me AND email about the dumb story that I thought was ridiculous so I just said "OK, I have no time. Let me know if he dies." Another girl at the office sent a blast email to a bunch of people saying she was a bad mom because when she first heard the story, she laughed. Of course, all those people she sent it to hit "reply all" and so that one email generated about 10 more emails that I didn't care about. I didn't feel like the story was to be believed from the beginning and even if it were true, it was no different then a "kid down a well" story from the 80s and I didn't care about those then.

Now, it turns out it was all a hoax. Which is FUNNY AS SHIT.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How to produce a timid culture:

First you induce an "educationally-challenged" population. Then, you allow hoax-jokes to victimize the intellectually most challenged of that population. After getting burned a few times, those simple folks simply won't challenge anything either controversial or dynamic so as to not publicly get fooled again.

So, why do so many Americans just sit on their asses while their own civilization crumbles around them?

DanD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home