Wednesday, October 07, 2009

RELAX, Relax, relax

posted by The Sailor @ 7:42 PM Permalink

I'm trying to relax by reading Fark instead of regular news, so this just amuses me:
Jack Thompson Sues Facebook

Jack Thompson, the disbarred crusader against violent video games, has sued Facebook, alleging site users posted violent threats against him. In a Facebook group called "I Hate Jack Thompson", one post in particular was singled out and mentioned in the lawsuit. The posting stated, “Jack Thompson should be smacked across the face with an Atari 2600.”
[...]
He is seeking $120 million in damages. Requests to remove the postings were faxed to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, but received no response.
Tee hee, tee hee, tee hee, I feel my BP going down as I giggle and make fun of someone thinking an Atari 2600 could ever have an impact on anyone in the 21st century. Especially a virtual 2600.

I wonder whether Jack would have to say jack about this next article:
Lawyer sues to end Dallas group's 'threat' prayers

A former military lawyer who served in the Reagan White House and worked for Ross Perot is suing a Dallas-based religious organization in a case that could test the limits of free speech and prayer.

Mikey Weinstein, founder of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, said he wants Gordon Klingenschmitt, a former U.S. Navy chaplain, to "stop asking Jesus to plunder my fields ... seize my assets, kill me and my family then wipe away our descendants for 10 generations."

[...]
Weinstein, 54, said his family has received death threats, had a swastika emblazoned on their home in New Mexico, animal carcasses left on their doorstep and feces thrown at the house.
[...]
"I never prayed for anyone's death," [Klingenschmitt] said. "I never prayed for anyone's violence. All I did was quote the Scriptures."
[...]
He "would never pray evil upon my enemies," he said, "but the justice of God is not evil." [ED:Nice Catch-22 there irReverend]

Does he want Mikey Weinstein to die? "I pray the Psalm that his days are few," he replied.

[...]
Klingenschmitt left the Navy with an honorable discharge after being found guilty in a 2006 court-martial for disobeying an order not to wear his uniform at a news conference. He said he ministered to Christians and non-Christians alike but said he sees "the whole world as a mission field," including the military.
There is video of the imprecations:

BTW, Psalm 109 is "A Cry for Vengeance"

How christain of them.

But wait, there's more:
"The suit raises numerous free speech and religious freedom issues," Ammerman said in his statement, adding that it "incorrectly implies that endorsing agencies exercise control over those they endorse, including their independent actions and speech."
That's not only religulous, but illogical.

Of course you exercise control over what chaplains you endorse.

And they've stated that they endorse christains who view "the whole world as a mission field" to convert non-christains.

Now for some relaxation:




Cross posted at SteveAudio

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home