Saturday, March 27, 2010

Run, Monkey! Run!

posted by The Vidiot @ 8:28 AM Permalink

This story about about an evasive monkey in Tampa, Florida just made my day:
A fugitive monkey living for a year on fruit and trash in the Tampa suburbs is fast on his way to becoming a major cult hero with his own Facebook page and a growing list of devoted fans.
You gotta read the whole story. It's awesome. And what's funnier, all of the monkey's comments on 'his' facebook page end with some variation of "What's that!? Gotta go!...."

Ach, I wish I were that clever.

Anyway though, here in the land of Brooklyn, we heard a story about a dog that used to live in my neighborhood, back in the late 60s, early 70s. Seems the dog was a real delinquent, always getting picked up by the ASPCA. But he got to a point where he knew who the dog catchers were and he recognized the truck. So, when he saw the truck, he would find someone sitting on their stoop, run to them, sit down next to them and place his head in their lap. Then, after the dog catcher would pass, he would sit up, look around and when the coast was clear, he would go on his merry way.

There are more than a few human delinquents who aren't half as clever as that monkey or that dog.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I may be the next running monkey over here in Pasadena if the judicial jackboots decide to take great umbrage to my criticisms. See:

http://pasadenaweekly.com/cms/story/detail/?id=8566

and read the comments section.

DanD

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

Dan, I'm sorry I spaced on posting your link. I accidentally deleted it when I was clearing out my inbox... mostly because i felt a strong urge to tidy up and take control of my cyberspace since teen vidiot is totally messing up my meatspace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home