Monday, December 06, 2010

By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:

posted by Bill Arnett @ 2:49 PM Permalink

…Open, locks, Whoever knocks! (Macbeth)

The very wickedness of the teabagger-gop-ers astounds me. I listen day after day as the rethug-teabaggers state their clear desire to destroy the institutions of government brought about after two hundred years of better-men-than-they fighting tooth-and-nail to establish the precepts of American government: freedom for all, the right to worship as a person chooses, the right of a person to choose not to swear allegiance to any religious icon or deity at all, if that be their wish, freedom of speech, the endowment of a person's unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

But, as in a movie, I see within my mind the foundation of America falling apart, catching fire, and seemingly failing as the bricks catch fire and spiral away down into the darkness that holds the soul of those most wicked, devious, teabagging-gop-ers actively calling for the further enrichment of the already rich and the withdrawal of every safety net that the democratic party has labored to put into place to the benefit of all, not just the rich, the richer, and the very richest amongst us.

It really saddens me that I just may have lived through the 'glory days' of America and, worse, that I am now watching the decline and fall of just another social experiment of men seeking to control other men through wealth, trickery and deceit, making and breaking an endless number of promises in order to gain the advantage they fancy they need to turn America into a state of the many working to serve the few, the poor further enriching the already rich, the ill suffering ever lower wages but still, somehow, able to pay for healthcare for those many, many times wealthier than they, and I know that my beloved country has already fallen to third world banana republic standing in the world.

We really have gone too far this time. As the lip's of the world's citizens slowly draws back into a primordial snarl that simultaneously indicates both contempt and disgust we continue to lose allies, further isolate ourselves from the world, and we now know for certain that most of the free countries of the wold do not trust us with the sensitive and top secret information that might one day stave off a nuclear holocaust, greatly reducing the chances of last minute phone calls that could lead to diplomacy instead of open war.

And I flatly state that in my opinion, if we come to such a destructive war, that it will be rooted in the evils done by the teabagger-gop-er-rethug-neocon-conservative party.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger nunya said...

Outstanding rant, thank you .

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

'Tis I that thanks you, nunya. I can only speak for myself but when I cast forth my words into the ethernet I have no way of knowing if, even tangentially, I have managed to, "…reach out, reach out and touch(ed) someone…" or if I have been railing against the sky, my personal demons, my own feelings of desolation, and those of being lost within my own land if not within my own mind.

Thank you, nunya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home