Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Let's try this again: R-E-M-O-R-S-E!

posted by Bill Arnett @ 2:40 PM Permalink

Those dry Martinis did the work for me;
Last night at twelve I felt immense,
Today I feel like thirty cents.
My eyes were bleared, my coppers hot,
I'll try to eat, but I cannot.
It is no time for mirth and laughter,
The cold, gray dawn of the morning after.
Sultan of Sulu (1903) act 2, p. 63 [not the Star Trek guy, Bill]
by George Ade 1866-1944

Got that? It is no time for mirth and laughter, (T)he cold, gray dawn of the morning after. We have arrived, as I expected we would, at the cold, gray dawn of the morning of Obama's presidency. It ain't a pretty sight, is it, watching a president humble and abase himself before his republican masters? Kissing ass has been the signature hallmark of his tenure, so HE learned something, unlike the hundred of thousands of students who probably have been priced right out of the classroom and have only learned that NO ONE, NO ONE, NO ONE can be trusted to keep even the simplest or innocently-made promise once they actually enter office.

"A memorandum is written not to inform the reader but to protect the writer." (Dean Acheson 1893-1971, quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Sept 8, 1977.) They need to change the song to, "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas," to I'm Dreaming of a Pink and Yellow Christmas" so all the little chirrun will understand that the shredding and consequent blizzard of shredded memoranda copies is now a quaint, though relatively new, holiday tradition in America started by those blessed luminaries of American politics, gwb and the big Dick, who at last count STILL had truckload after truckload of shredded memos being removed from an address that officially doesn't exist. Now what could be more Christmas-e that a fat old bald, filthy rich guy dumping 300,000 pounds of confetti in your yard from a guy who's address you are not authorized to know - under penalty of water boarding and unlawful confinement in a third world country still willing to torture and maim in the name of democracy?

"The enemies of freedom do not argue; they shout and they shoot." (William Ralph Enge (Dean Inge) 1860-1954, in End of an Age (1948) ch. 2.) Wow! Is it just me or does this last quotation nail the teabagging-gop-ers to the cross they so falsely worship and represents everything which the rethugs are AGAINST?

"Power to the people." (Black Party Slogan circa 1961-1968 Weren't true then. Weren't true when John Lennon (IMHO the greatest songwriter of my time) said it. Ain't true now. Power accrues to the rich! Bill Arnett 1953- , s'okay I wanted to see my name in parentheses, ain't no thang, man.)

I guess for the rest of the time I exist, or not, in one of the most despised, ridiculed countries extant today and run with a malevolent malfeasance that only the gang-that-not-only-can't-shoot-straight-but-can-only-shoot-themselves-in-the-ass can muster.

It ain't much. But it's the New Democratic Party. The line for the knee pads and prophylactics…uh…late breaking news, the teabagging-gop-ers, fully supported by pResident Obama, has outlawed prophylactics as part of new legislation to increase forced enlistment of all the poor into both the republican party and, simultaneously, the U.S. Armed Forces, in preparation for World Domination by the Teabagger-gop-er Party.

Reminds me of an old high school cheer: "REGURGITATE! REGURGITATE! THROW UP ALL THE FOOD YOU ATE! V-O-M-I-T, VOMIT - BLEHHH!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home