First the Teabagger-gop-ers were funny. Then they became a danger to our country. I recognize now they are a dying party and why…posted by Bill Arnett @ 2:02 PM Permalink …and the death of such a mean-spirited, evil party should bring about rejoicing.
The funny thing about it is that nothing need be done by democratic leaders, wiser republicans, independent parties, green parties, or any other party except to acknowledge that when swept up in it's death throes any animal or teabagger-gop-er can be at its most dangerous. Here, to me, is why they are so desperate to enact as many draconian legislative bills as possible:
U.S. Population Projections: 2005–2050It recently dawned on me that the desperation of the teabagger-gop-er is caused by a sea change in the make-up of our population and that it is one of the reasons that the unreasonable side of the immigration nutsos would like to physically round up illegal aliens for deportation, and insure that their American-born children will be deemed 'anchor babies', no longer citizens by virtue of birth as dictated by our Constitution.
If current trends continue, the population of the United States will rise to 438 million in 2050, from 296 million in 2005, and 82% of the increase will be due to immigrants arriving from 2005 to 2050 and their U.S.-born descendants, according to new projections developed by the Pew Research Center.
Of the 117 million people added to the population during this period due to the effect of new immigration, 67 million will be the immigrants themselves and 50 million will be their U.S.-born children or grandchildren.
Among the other key population projections:
• Nearly one in five Americans (19%) will be an immigrant in 2050, compared with one in eight (12%) in 2005. By 2025, the immigrant, or foreign-born, share of the population will surpass the peak during the last great wave of immigration a century ago.
• The major role of immigration in national growth builds on the pattern of recent decades, during which immigrants and their U.S.-born children and grandchildren accounted for most population increase. Immigration’s importance increased as the average number of births to U.S.-born women dropped sharply before leveling off.
• The Latino population, already the nation’s largest minority group, will triple in size and will account for most of the nation’s population growth from 2005 through 2050. Hispanics will make up 29% of the U.S. population in 2050, compared with 14% in 2005.
• Births in the United States will play a growing role in Hispanic and Asian population growth; as a result, a smaller proportion of both groups will be foreign-born in 2050 than is the case now.
• The non-Hispanic white population will increase more slowly than other racial and ethnic groups; whites will become a minority (47%) by 2050.
• The nation’s elderly population will more than double in size from 2005 through 2050, as the baby-boom generation enters the traditional retirement years. The number of working-age Americans and children will grow more slowly than the elderly population, and will shrink as a share of the total population.
Since it is, literally, only a matter of time before the numbers of old, rich, white men become a smaller and smaller segment of society, they will lose their ability to remain in power as the Latino and Black segments grow in such numbers that it will be virtually impossible for a politician who does not directly advocate policies supported by these new majorities to get elected to office.
The days of the 'good ole boy' back-office brokered power deals will come to an end. Lobbyists, should they wish to survive, will have to start buying politicians and putting them to work for the new constituent voting blocks made up by the changing face of America.
Which speaks to why there is all this hysteria in the teabagger-gop-er parties. I guess they feel that if America doesn't revert to the Dark Ages now it will soon be too late, their influence gone, their money buying them far fewer politicians, and the ability to get any of their desperate, evil legislation passed will expire.
I'm sure the new brothers and sisters of color will love America as much as any other citizens and I welcome them; their love of America will eventually smash the hatred of today and return us to being a kinder, gentler society.
So enjoy the show, watch those death throes, prevent the teabagger-gop-ers from doing as much damage as they can, and hope that the winds of time bring us back our former freedoms, expand on the freedoms we have, and bring back the ideas that made America great; the sweet smell of liberty.
Ciao, bella ámi.