Thursday, January 04, 2007

I KNEW I never liked those guys.

posted by The Vidiot @ 1:24 PM Permalink

First, when Exxon polluted Alaska, we knew they were crap. Then, so many years later, their fine for that disaster was halved. Fine. That's a corporatocracy for you. Then we find out that they're the ones financing a lot of the disinfo out there with regards to global warming. But, OK, I can sort of understand that, in a sort of amoral, greedy, Corporatocratic way. But then I read this, and BOY, now I really don't like them.
Excerpt:The biggest oil spill Exxon Mobil Corp. has to answer for isn't the cargo that gushed from the Exxon Valdez tanker into Alaska's Prince William Sound. It's the fuel soaked into the ground beneath a working class section of Brooklyn, New York.
I remember those tanks. I used to joke with my Greenpoint friends that when they acted like idiots, it was to be excused since they lived next to those awful, filthy tanks and hence, they're brains didn't work right. But I THOUGHT I was joking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home