Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th - A Wonderful Day

posted by Bill Arnett @ 11:07 AM Permalink


This post has nothing to do with politics, but when I saw that this was Friday the 13th I wanted to just say something personal. I'll keep it brief.

A lot of people superstitiously fear Friday the 13th. I celebrate each one for a very good reason:
The very first time my wife, Mila, and I went out for a date was on Friday the 13th, September, 1974, and we have been together ever since. I'm just crazy about my gal and she couldn't beat me away with a stick (and I have the bruises to prove it!).

I would have died from Agent Orange-caused cancers back in the early 90s but for one thing. When I was first told I would be dead by the end of the year the very first thing Mila did was to stand facing me, she gently took my face in both of her hands, looked me square in the eye, and told me, "You can't die yet - I'm not done with you!"
A lady ya dare not disappoint, as I did not with her constant encouragement and love seeing me through the most difficult time of my life.

So this one's for you, Babe, I always have been, still am, and always will be madly in love with you, and I am reminded of it every Friday the 13th.

3 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

Thanks for sharing, all things considered, you are a lucky man!

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

Soul mates are beautiful thing.

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am indeed a lucky man who has found his soul mate, and Mila has been the greatest joy as we pursue our goal of living and loving as we grow old together. I still cannot sit in a room with her and conquer the urge to hold her as tight as I can.

BTW, her full name is Milagros, a biblical name meaning "miracle." Very appropriate to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home