Wednesday, January 23, 2008

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

posted by The Vidiot @ 7:38 AM Permalink

I only mention it because he and his then-wife Michelle bought a house around the corner from Casa Vidiot. They were kind of neighbors, we saw them around here and there, and they have a cute kid. So, I was walking home from the subway and saw about five people standing on the corner opposite the house with cameras and video. I wanted to yell at them so I asked them what the hell they were doing there and they told me that Ledger had died a few hours before.

As the evening wore on, the number of paparazzi increased until it looked like a crowd. How can those people live with themselves? I wanted to scream at them "you are contributing to the misery of the family and the overall demise of our society! Go Home!"

OK. Maybe I give them too much credit, but still, they were annoying.

Update: I had no idea HOW annoying. Watching them this morning, chasing Ledger's parents down the street. I'd only see photogs doing their thing on TV. But honestly, seeing them in person is just SO MUCH MORE disgusting than you can ever possibly imagine. When did celebrities become less than human? And now I'm convinced that any celebrity who DOESN'T punch a photog in the face every now and then is the insane one.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home