Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Let's Talk About Sex

posted by The Sailor @ 5:45 PM Permalink

OK, now that I have your attention, let's talk about race ... and sex.

In a kinda sorta follow up to SteveAudio's post about the racist Curious George T-shirt and in light of the comments on that post, I'd just like to say: Misogyny is terrible, racism is worse.

Let me re-phrase: Misogynists are terrible, racists are worse. I suggest you read the post and read the comments, and read the links to the comments on other sites. I'll wait ...

... ... ...

Yep, those were awful, sexist, misogynist comments about Hillary.

And that's really bad, but racism is about both men and women. Men and women that were kidnapped and stolen from Africa and auctioned off as chattel in our country. Men and women that were considered as property, and even enshrined in the Constitution as 3/5ths of a person so that Southern states were equally represented in Congress.

There aren't groups in our country that want to kill women just for being women but there are groups in our country that want to kill black people, just for being black.

And if I were to put on my cynical hat I would say that Hillary should take the VP job, if offered, because Obama being assassinated, (and if he's elected I put the odds of that at 50/50), is the best chance she has of being President.

And that's why misogyny is terrible, racism is worse.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home