Thursday, May 07, 2009

My review of the Star Trek movie

posted by The Vidiot @ 10:59 PM Permalink

It's AWESOME!

Do with it what you will.

Morning-After Update: (Absolutely NO spoilers) It's beyond good, really. I was worried because I'm such a huuuuuggggge Trekkie (Trekker?) and I thought this TV guy was going to make it a short-attention span theater. Well, he didn't. It was excellently cast. (And I thought the guy who was going to play Spock was going to suck because he couldn't do the Vulcan salute and he ended up being the best of the lot of them.) It was well-written. The music wasn't hokey. The special effects, the ship, when they'd go to warp speed, it gave me goosebumps. And even Mr. Vidiot, who has maybe seen three Star Trek shows out of the entire franchise, really liked it. (Sadly, he didn't even know Klingon was a 'real' language or that Vulcans have green blood. Imagine!)

Oh, and Majel Roddenberry is the voice of the computer. Cool.

One last thing: There's no extra scene at the end of the credits like in "Iron Man" so you don't have to stick around for the credits... unless you're one of those 'credits people' in which case, feel free.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

I am a HUGE fan of Star Trek, so please, please, please take no offense at the above satirical post.

"Damn it, Vidiot, I'm only a doctor, not an engineer!"

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

BTW, I have ALL the Star Trek movies ever released on DVD.

 
At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Coffee Nomad said...

something that really sets this new Star Trek apart from the oldies (though they are still goodies) is the total lack of drag. When I watch those old Star Treks I inevitably get the feeling that this or that scene is being drawn out way too much

 

Post a Comment

<< Home