Friday, January 29, 2010

I know that it's yesterday's news...

posted by The Vidiot @ 7:56 AM Permalink

But Howard Zinn's passing was one of the few "celebrity" deaths that made me gasp a bit.

See, I wouldn't even be doing this blog if it weren't for Zinn. His People's History was my "A-HA!" book. It was the book that turned my thinking around, that opened my eyes, the showed me for the first time that I'd been duped my whole life, that I was an ignorant moron who had better get herself educated fast or else be relegated to the bowels of mediocrity. If it weren't for Zinn, I'd have never met Mr. Vi....oh, sorry, DR. Vidiot... because I met him in a class I wouldn't have been taking had I not gone back to grad school.

So, as you can see, Howard Zinn changed my life. How cool is that?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... hey wait a minute, THERE IS a doctor in the house ~

DanD

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

And "A-HA" also did the opening song to a "View to a Kill," the James Bond flick didn't they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home