Saturday, February 26, 2011

I haven't watched regular news for a while...

posted by The Vidiot @ 3:53 PM Permalink

...so I couldn't tell you if their coverage of the Christchurch earthquake is any good or not. I'm suspecting not, but that's my my cynicism.

Anyway, I knew it was bad, but how bad, I did NOT know.
What really gets my goat is the BS coming from the parliamentarians. The city is smashed beyong repair - even the Chamber of Commerce CEO has placed a figure of $20 BILLION on reconstruction,which is simply beyond the capacity of 4 million people to fund. It must be at least 25% of our current GDP. Couple this with the fact that with every earth movement there is going to be further liquifaction, and it makes the whole city an uninsurable risk!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home