Monday, February 21, 2011

Review: HBO's Treme

posted by The Vidiot @ 9:39 AM Permalink

Just a quick review:

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 5 or 6.

The reason? The writing was crap. The only character that was well-developed was the city of New Orleans herself. THAT, they got. The Tulane Professor? Not even close. Hell, what they had him do he would've NEVER have done. Nobody in his position would. Now, had they bothered to establish some sort of history of him, then MAYBE, but still, no. There were so many weak points, so many out of character moments.

Here's one that's not a spoiler. There's a character that is a chef. She's hyper hard-core. VERY good at what she does and VERY serious about it. Yet, on Mardi Gras, they had her dancing around in a pink tutu singing "Iko Iko" for heaven's sake. She would NOT have been that whimsical. Perhaps they could've established that she had a whimsical streak, but they didn't.

That's what I'm talking about with the poor character development.

Sure, I'll watch the second season, but only because I'll watch anything having to do with New Orleans.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get the ingredients so I can attempt to make my first Mardi Gras King Cake. St. Louis has a dead serious Mardi Gras so I must prepare.

Now, where the hell did I put all my beads?....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home