Monday, February 28, 2011

Living in the Midwest

posted by The Vidiot @ 10:09 AM Permalink

It's a huge change from New York City for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is when you're in bed and you hear air sirens, you're supposed to pay attention.

Last night at about 10:30 pm. We're laying there and hear the sirens and were thinking, hmmmm, what's that all about then? Then the sirens stopped. So we thought, meh, it's nothing. Then a few minutes later, more sirens. THAT got us out of bed to turn on the TV and we saw the FOX news station going on about how they were on backup generators and were all hiding out in the broadcast booth. A few touched down just a few miles from here.

The only indicator we had that we were going to be fine was that the dog was just sitting there wondering what all the fuss was about. If she wasn't panicking, I wasn't panicking because dogs know better when something like that is happening.

At least, that's what I told myself.

Tornadoes. Jeebus.

On a lighter note, yesterday was Barkus (Mardi Gras Dog Parade) and we took Lagniappe. We tried to dress her up as flashdance but she refused to wear the legwarmers. We beaded her up instead. She looked pretty, no?

But this guy was my favorite:

"That's right. Take my picture 'cause I look fine. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some bitches waiting for me back at my place. And by 'bitches' I mean 'bitches. Alright."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

My last batch of six dogs was composed on one longhair, four standard brown Dachshund and a black lab that just loved being attacked by all of them at once. Alas, the last two doxies had to be put down around the same time Goliath died from poisoned dow food from China. I had them for 17 wonderful years, and while the big dog is "cool", your little lady takes the prize as far as I am concerned.

Please give her a doggie treat from me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home