Saturday, October 25, 2008

How does the GOP find otherwise attractive women with hearts so black…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 1:39 PM Permalink

…and full of hatred for so many things uniquely American that they seem like automatons from outer space and ugly as sin for the views they espouse. Maybe it's just me, but the manner in which people think, and the vitriol they spew, makes the most physically attractive men or women seem like dried up, blackhearted, shrunken little gnomes without a shred of decency or beauty.

Example from the Huffington Post wherein Katrina vanden Heuvel interacted with the Congresswoman from Minnesota, Michele Bachmann.
Last Friday, one of the guests preceding my segment on MSNBC's Hardball was a then-little known Congresswoman from Minnesota named Michele Bachmann.

She's not little known now.

Bachmann said of Barack Obama, "I'm very concerned that he may have anti-American views." She then called on the media to "take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out, are they pro-America or anti-America?"[…]

When Matthews turned to me for my response I told him exactly what I was feeling, "Chris, I fear for my country.... This is a politics, at a moment of extreme economic pain in this country, that is incendiary, that is so debased that I'm kind of almost having a hard time breathing, because I think it's very scary, because this is a country I love."[…]

The netroots wasted no time in exposing Bachmann's ugly extremism. Within a day, a video posted on YouTube of Bachmann's comments (and my response) had over 87,000 hits. Over 55,000 people have signed a petition calling on Congress to censure Bachmann. Americans United for Change launched IamProAmerica.com in response to both Bachmann's vitriol and Sarah Palin's stumping about "pro-America areas" of our nation.

People on both sides of the aisle have spoken out against Bachmann. On Sunday, following an appearance on Meet the Press, Colin Powell told reporters, "This business, for example, we've got a congressman from Minnesota who's going around saying, 'Let's examine all congressmen to see who is pro-America and whose not pro-America.' We have got to stop this kind of nonsense, pull ourselves together, and remember that our great strength is in our unity and our diversity."
I, too, have feared for my country for some time now, as it is unrecognizable as the America in which I grew up and proudly served in its military. I'd have given my life for this country and very nearly did.

It is time to drive all these bigoted and hate-filled Republicans out into the wilderness until they learn to survive by loving and supporting all people or perish from their own perfidy.

And by the way, I'm not sexist or misogynist in the least, as I find all people with sunshine in their hearts, goodwill towards their fellow man, and who go out of their way to bring a little joy into another's life to be attractive in the extreme. These people are the true Americans with whom I grew up and in whom I place so much trust that I am sure we can rebuild and restore America to its former glory.

When Bachmann someday passes on, if she believes in heaven and hell, I am positive she will rot in hell forever.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger JayV said...

Unfortunately, there are a lot
of people out there who don't
see her hate for what it is.
People who don't understand
democracy, our history. Neither
do they see the code words that
the Republicans are using. These
people are desperate, indeed!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

Desperate, degenerate, feeble-minded, crass, cruel, and self-serving.

You are spot on my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home