Monday, January 19, 2009

Our last day in Bushland.

posted by The Vidiot @ 1:02 PM Permalink

While I'm not convinced that Obama is the savior so many are hoping he is, it is nice to see Bush leave the world stage, if only so we don't have to listen to his tortured speech patterns anymore.

Yet, I'm left wondering; he's got about 23 hours left in his presidency and there still haven't been any major pardons. Now, we all know to what lengths their legal teams can twist and subvert and manipulate the laws. Are they, perhaps, putting on the final touches to blanket pardons of Rumsfeld, Cheney, Gonzales, et al? I mean, pardons are for people convicted or at least charged with a crime. However, it's not out of the realm of possiblity that the Bush administration is developing some sort of super pardon and will announce it at, oh, around midnight tonight.

My fevered imagination at work. What has probably already happened is that Bush and Obama have reached a gentleman's agreement to not have any prosecutions.

Whatever the case, Goodbye Mr. Bush and don't let they door hit you on the ass on your way out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger The Sailor said...

>Whatever the case, Goodbye Mr. Bush and don't let they door hit you on the ass on your way out.

How magnanimous! My thought was 'dye muthafucka, dye muthafucka' and then let the door hit you in your cold prone ass.

But that's just me and I've been told I'm just an old bitter man.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

You're not old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home