Monday, March 30, 2009

I don't know about you

posted by The Vidiot @ 12:16 PM Permalink

But sometimes, especially these days, I really need a drink. Problem is, I don't really like the taste of the much of it and wine just ain't strong enough. I can handle Dewars maybe if it's loaded with soda water and ice. Everything else makes my upper lip reflexively curl up. My uncle makes a mean martini that's quite tasty, but I suspect I think it's tasty because he made it and he's so proud of his technique and he stands there and smiles this ridiculous adorable smile while you sip it and well, you can't help but think it tastes good.

Not only the taste, but the effects it has on my poor, ridiculously weak stomach is not to be joked about.

So, after years of searching for a libation that I can enjoy on the rocks, I finally found one. It's called Shōchū. From the Wiki:
Shōchū ( ?) is a distilled beverage native to Japan. It is most commonly distilled from barley, sweet potatoes, or rice. Typically, it contains 25% alcohol by volume (weaker than whisky or standard-strength vodka but stronger than wine and sake).
(I prefer the barley version.) I don't know why I'm sharing this information with our readers, but I really think that these days, there are more people out there who could really use a drink but aren't used to drinking. This stuff is the perfect solution. It won't rot your liver and it gives you a nice, gentle high, just enough to let some of this economic bull$hit roll off your back for an hour or so.

We here at VidiotSpeak aim to make everyone's life just a little more pleasant.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home