Monday, August 23, 2010

Many people have inquired of my Warrior Woman and me…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 3:23 PM Permalink

…how we have managed to remain together so long, over thirty-six years, thirty-seven next month, and remain so much in love and so happy.

My Warrior Woman was, still is, an old school filipina, wise far beyond her years. This would be representative of a conversation with someone inviting she and I to some get together or party:

Them: Do you think you and Bill can make it to the party?
She: I don't know, I will have to ask my husband.

Then she would come tell me whether we were going or not or what excuse might be made, then return to the other party and tell them,"…(M)y husband has decided…" which accorded the feelings of all. She appeared to be the dutiful wife consulting husband and abiding by my decision (very important in the Philippines and wow! what an easy way to present a unified front!). I found it to be both charming and endearing.

As to me? I tell everyone there are only two things that must be done to have a successful marriage:

First, you must pretend to allow your wife her way on everything.

Second, actually let her have it.

Works for me. I'm the boss in this household. And I have her permission to say so.

Ciao, bella ami.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home