Saturday, October 30, 2010

Boo!

posted by The Vidiot @ 10:12 AM Permalink

Photo montage from Etemananki, 'cause it was good and I was too lazy to make one myself.

So, I'm at work yesterday, and my girlfriend in Cleveland calls and says "Are you on lockdown over there?" and I was all, "WHaaaa?" She told me about the bomb-like things from Yemen and I said, "Please tell me you don't really think there were bombs." She said, "Of course not. [good girl] I just wondered if your company or New York was freaking out."

I guess I had seen a few headlines crawling around that said something about a bomb scare, but I'm so cynical (or I'm such a realist, or just not a sucker) that it didn't phase me in the least bit. I figured it was some sort of pre-election scarefest to get everyone in the mood to vote for whoever they powers that be wanted them to vote for. I knew there weren't any bombs because it would've been too damn convenient for there to be bombs. Especially from Yemen. Jeebus.

Turns out my reaction was pretty spot on:
A Yemeni official told Yemen Post that no U.S. cargo aircraft of any American company flew out of Yemen over the last 48 hours. "Whether UPS, Fed Ex, DHL or any other U.S. cargo company left Yemen over the last 48 hours."
No, there weren't bombs. No, whatever it was didn't come from Yemen. It was, once again, another load of horse-crap.

Carry on.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger nunya said...

Usually it IS horsecrap, but not this time, adn the tip off came from Saudi Intelligence

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/sc-dc-cargo-planes-20101030,0,5731618.story
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/30/cargo-plane-bombs-explode-midair

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you say "Al-CIA-duh? (the CIA's toilet)?

DanD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home