Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mea culpa, mea culpa…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 2:39 PM Permalink

…I have apparently driven away large numbers of our former readers and to them I extend my heartfelt apologies and best wishes.

My good friend, Sailor, my brother from a another mother, once told me that when I was writing the readership increased dramatically, sometime double previous levels, which I did not believe until I actually compared the figures Sailor regularly emails me. The most recent report showed a hugh loss of readership and buried deep within the twisted world of my brain the only objective reasons I can discern for this lies within the posts below, my posts.

I cannot bear the thought that I have, by being myself, which is no picnic, driven away even a single reader that the fine people of this site labored long to attract.

I am filled with sorrow at the mere thought that I have wrought damage where none should have been wrought and so I am compelled to gracefully resign; I wish you all the very best in life.

Thank you all, Sailor, Vidiot, Dr. Vidiot, Teen vidiot, and Vidiot Mom, everyone who ever read my ramblings, and to DanD, with whom I have engaged in much banter I found to really be a lot of fun.

Ciao, bella ámi. (Good-bye, beautiful people)

3 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill;

Please, don't stop contributing. While I was learning the basics of writing, I eventually understood that I had to take my audience into consideration.

Ultimately, the standard that I've tried so hard to adopt is "Less is Better." At the same time, Vidiotspeak is a blog about the various experiences and observations of its primary posters. I regularly visit this blog to also see what you have written. Occasionally, you are a bit difficult to follow, frequently you contribute (as most do) just low-key chatter, and not too infrequently, you deliver a jewel.

Please, don't deprive me of the Jewels that you haven't written yet.

DanD

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger The Vidiot said...

Numbers always drop off around the holidays. No worries. Lord knows I've written plenty of things that annoyed folks. They either come back or new ones take their place.

Please don't stop writing. We love it.

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Oatmeal Cookie Recipes said...

Great blog post, thanks for sharing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home