Saturday, June 18, 2011

I've been away for a while, but I'm back now…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 2:16 PM Permalink

…After a successful mission requiring every bit of my military training, surreptitious black ops, international intrigue, spy craft, and the application of the full power of my mutant brain to accomplish my sacred task: buying the house next door.

It's a long and frightening story; not for the faint of heart nor those with nervous disorders, hives, scabies, rabies, winkin' blinkin' or nod. I knew that it would be a difficult task given the given propensities of banks that finance mortgages to not finance mortgages, complicated further by the fact that it was a short sale purchase wherein the former owner walked away from a one zillion dollar mortgage, which I picked up for a song and a dance and only a mere one-third of a zillion dollars. I am sworn to secrecy and shall never reveal what song I sang nor the dance I danced.

We were forced to make this move for my enemies, who are legion, had discovered my carefully hidden lair, forcing me to establish a new secret headquarters lair where it would be extremely or impossibly difficult for my enemies to ascertain my whereabouts. It's a clever ploy and although I have never really tried this in the past, my main guard dog, Xanatos (pictured in my responses to comments) assures me that the very fact that it took the neighborhood squirrels almost two days to find the dogs after an exploratory leap to our new fence line bodes well for our future security. The squirrels have been unable to penetrate our comprehensive new alarm system, although I do not know if that is because they are just stupid rats with tails, or that they lack digital dexterity, or that squirrels are genetically inclined to non-curiosity regarding alarm systems.

I am happy to be coming in from the cold, which I can do as the regulatory authorities here at VidiotSpeak never sent me a burn notice meaning that they would completely disavow any knowledge of me and/or my activities, which is for the best as I have strange proclivities better not revealed.

Another factor in my return is receipt through diplomatic channels an "eyes only" missive that the Vidiot, now on foreign assignment, is having difficulty learning the native language in her country of temporary assignment. I wanted to relay to her the sage advice given me once by a language expert at Langley (that's Langley, Minnesota, not Virginia) that you know you are truly grasping a language when you have a dream and everyone in the dream is speaking the subject language.

I remember one of my classmates bursting into class one day excitedly proclaiming that he dreamed the night before and everyone in his dream was speaking French, his assigned language.

The instructor, very excited, asked, "That's great! What were they talking about?"

The enthusiastic young agent replied, "I don't know! I couldn't understand a fucking word they were saying!"

I realize that this may not be the most helpful of information I can relay to the Vidiot and Dr. Vidiot in pursuit of their "vacation," but it has always struck me as amusing at the least and truthful at the most.

I will earnestly attempt to continue regular postings as now that my sacred mission, as described above, is no longer sucking all the oxygen from my brain, the political situation, dire as always but not as sheerly overwhelming to my now healthier mind, and the fact that I will face less boredom prompts me to take this action in the hopes of providing edification, pontification, exacerbation, and, as my son says, masturbation, available to the public at large or alternatively the large population.

I must sign off now, but I do harbor some small hope that any of the deranged readers I may have had will return to visiting this site often. Newly deranged readers are always welcome and will be accorded respect and subjected to my bizarre sense of wit and writing.

Ciao, bella ámi.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Bill;

I'm quite hurt in your assessment of me (presuming of course, that you were also referring to me), as I certainly know that I've never been ousted from my "-range."

Anyway, it now sounds like you've transmutated into a Salvadore Dali version of James Bond ... While I do presume that V is your M, what I'd really like to know is, who's doing Q? As it is, I especially enjoyed your comment about the young man dreaming of French conversants.

It's good to see your in fine form.

DanD

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, "you're".

DanD

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

Why thank you, Dan, it's good to hear from you. I know that you know well that my health does from time to time cause me serious difficulties, but right now for me and mine it is a very good time indeed. The consummation of the deal for this new house has taken s-o-o much stress off my back that I am flying very high in spirits, I am relaxed, healthier, and happier than I have been in a long time.

I gots CENTRAL A/C, man! this is the first summer in 17 years that I won't suffer from the brutal heat and its accompanying 20°-30° temperature swings that light up my pain centers like a rabid pinball machine firing 4th of July fireworks.

My wonderful and beloved Warrior Woman just passed her 15th year at Target and grows more beautiful and closer to retirement everyday and we recently found out that the decisions I made for her 401(k) contributions have been earning a 47.5% annual return on her investments since 2003 when she started contributing to the plan — putting away a huge amount of her salary so that we are now in possession of somewhere between a shitload and/or a boatload of $$$$$!

My son, of whom I could not be more proud, is pulling straight "As", on the Dean's List, and being begged by professors to serve in more intern positions than there are hours in the day, and he, too, is blessed with the love of a wonderful woman.

I sincerely can't think of anything about which to complain (well, with the exception that I can NEVER get enough time with my Warrior Woman).

I hope you are also well, my friend, and I do s-o-o-o look forward to be again matching wits with you.

See ya around campus!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

Lest I forget:

There will be future clues
As to the identity of Q,
But I'm not predisposed
Or ready yet I suppose
To give it so easily to you.

Go outside, turn your face to the sky, and Smile! You're on Candid Camera!

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous xlpharmacy reviews said...

Good to have you back, I always enjoyed to read your posts, most of them are so good and interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home