Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Is inflation leading to the next Big Bang?

posted by Bill Arnett @ 1:47 PM Permalink


From a scientific article in the NYT I came across this reference to inflation, which CNN tells me is much higher than previously thought, and I thought You should know:
Astronomers now know the universe has not lasted forever. It was born in the Big Bang, which somehow set the arrow of time, 14 billion years ago. The linchpin of the Big Bang is thought to be an explosive moment known as inflation, during which space became suffused with energy that had an antigravitational effect and ballooned violently outward, ironing the kinks and irregularities out of what is now the observable universe and endowing primordial chaos with order.
The antigravitational effect and ballooning violently sounds interesting (although I had no idea ballooning was such a dangerous activity), but I'm fairly convinced that, "ironing the kinks and irregularities out of what is now the observable universe and endowing primordial chaos with order," sounds just like our presidential primaries.

UPDATE: And Sailor thought I knew nothing of science. I guess he can see the glove is on the other foot now.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home