Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I'm baaaack.

posted by The Vidiot @ 8:51 PM Permalink

I can't post much yet. Just got back and had to go straight to work. Still haven't sorted my photos yet.

In addition to what Bill said, we did a road trip in Mexico: Guadalajara to Mazatlan via Tepic (yuck) and Tequila, back to Guadalajara, then to Guanajuato, then off to Morelia and back to Guadalajara. We rented a car and took both the pay roads and the free roads. My advice? DON'T RENT A CAR. Use the bus system which is awesome. You'll get to where you're going and you don't need a car when you get there. Though, driving on a road where you have to dodge the occasional iguana and chicken is a trip.

We left Teen Vidiot with his mom for the summer and Pet Vidiot stayed with Dr. Vidiot's folks at what we now call the "dog spa."

And no, we didn't bump into anybody with the swine flu nor did we see any drug cartel related shootings. It's all a bunch of media hype. To be sure, it's a problem and a seriously criminal one, but the killings themselves are pretty targeted. Just don't fuck with the cartels and all will be well.

It sure was nice to not hear the news for 12 days or so. No fabricated black vs. white crap on TV. What the hell? I get back and some woman was forced to resign by a pansy assed white house (or perhaps a white house hell-bent on manufacturing a black/white tension for the November elections) for saying something in the 1980s that was taken out of context by FOX news and Brietbart? What a silly, stupid, fabricated pile of crap. (And just for good measure, in case people ignore the news, there's always Mel Gibson!)

BP seems to have done something positive in the Gulf, but I don't believe it for an instant. We flew over the Gulf and saw the slick. We also saw the oil soaked barrier islands. Not pretty. Not pretty at all. (And WTF? Another spill in China?!)

Ugh.

Welcome home.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really do believe that things are just too far gone. We've come from "Distractions to misplace focus" to "Competing distractions" to "Distractions overload."

I mean, AFTER Breitbart's ACORN deceptions, he presents a video snippet and the paradigm-description is taken at face value ... by the Obamastration? I think that we've all been snookered into believing that Barry O. and his Zio-crew of criminal war-clowns are actually a seasoned gaggle of politicians!

BizzaroWorld doesn't even begin to describe it.

DanD

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

I did my best to be discreet and not report on your personal, for fun, non-diplomatic activities, although it was fun watching you traveling across the Gulf using the dedicated spy satellite a friend, who must remain anonymous, as he, Bob Harten, would be in a shitload of trouble if I revealed his identify.

I'm glad you had fun, welcome back, everyone missed you, and I gotta ask: Was that comment from Jannie REALLY VidiotMom or was someone pulling my…leg?

If it was really VidiotMom please give her my best wishes. If not well, someone had a good laugh at my expense and that's cool, too.

I'll be gone for a couple of days as several neurologists try to finger out (Get it? Finger out? I crack myself up sometimes! If I'm lucid and sane or optionally insane that day.) what's up with my hands. It started with the left, now the right hand is fully involved (See?! My right hand DOES know what my left hand is doing!) and it's extremely painful to type at my usual blazing speed of 15 to 20 words per minute.

I'll keep y'all posted and again, welcome back! As our governor would say, "I'll bee baack!" as soon as I can.

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill ~

To perceive so serenely, you must have some really good drugs they're giving you ... I wish you'd share!

DanD

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

Ah, Grasshopper, is it better to be high on life, to stop and enjoy the beauty of all living creatures, to marvel at the world that is the mother and gracious giver of joy and light, and to achieve serenity through finding the inner secrets to happiness that resides in us all, or to do some damn good drugs to achieve nothing more than a temporary respite from the excruciating pain inflicted upon my person from my government's insensitivity to the plight of the men such as me, poisoned by indiscriminately use of one of the deadliest poisons that ever came to exist through man's inhumanity to…aw, shit, you know what I'm sayin'!

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, when you (meaning me) lack the intellectual courage for the first, having really good drugs to knock yourself out for the second ain't (in my opinion) all that bad.

DanD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home