Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wow! If you haven't checked out the new iPod computer from Mac…

posted by Bill Arnett @ 3:41 PM Permalink

…especially if you are in the market for the easiest-to-use-interface of anything I've ever seen, you are really missing out on something. The minute I get the money saved I will be buying one of these, oh, yes, I will, I will, I will.

My sonny guy, the SFSU student, brought home the one he bought for school the other night and this thing does everything but sing, dance, and wash your car (though truth be known we never went outside so I can't really say that it won't wash your car. Knowing Apple there will soon be a car washing application coming to a Mac dealer near you!)

It's also just a bit intimidating as even I could use it with relative ease ( of course everything's easier when you have a relative that can explain stuff to you) and I am generally wary of anything this easy to use.

Jesse says the battery life is amazing, it is absolutely silent with its solid state hard drive, surprisingly light, and with the brightest easiest-to-read screen I have ever seen, bar none. 8-9 hours of battery! I'm lucky if I can get more than 4 1/2 hours of battery life, but, of course, I have lot more stuff drawing power on my MacBook

It's really easy to spin it around and watch the screen swap sizes, or freeze the screen in position while you use the absolutely flat representation of a keyboard that is so sensitive it records the lightest touch, but even a heavy-handed user like me can use it with no problem.

It's easy to download college textbooks into it so they are immediately handy yet don't add any weight to the old shoulder bag, which is really cool since they (jesse and fiance, Aubri) are so close to the campus it's only a 20-25 minute walk, so its light weight is really a boon.

I instantly liked it and as soon as I can save $500 to spare I intend to buy one. Its the very height of portability, far better and easier to pack around than this MacBook. I can hardly wait to get one.

One proviso: if you are a windows/ibm-type PC owner used to struggling with a half a million different miscellaneous and sundry problems, constantly fighting viruses and their consequences, DON'T BUY THIS, as it's ease of use, size, weight, battery-life, and applications all function the way they should and the lack of hourly crises and crashes will drive you buggy and stark raving mad the very first time you use it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home