Tuesday, November 02, 2010

A long, long time ago...

posted by Bill Arnett @ 3:00 PM Permalink

…I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And, maybe, they’d be happy for a while.

But November made me shiver
With every ballot I’d deliver.
Bad news on the doorstep;
I couldn’t take one more step.

I can’t remember if I cried
When I read about his widowed bride,
But something touched me deep inside
The day the music died.

So bye-bye, Miss American Pie.
Drove my chevy to the levee,
But the levee was dry.
And them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye
Singin’, "this’ll be the day that I die.
"this’ll be the day that I die."
Quoted illiberally from Don McCLean's monster hit, "American Pie".

Today just may be one of the most disastrous, or one of the happiest, days in American history: any votes giving any teabagger, a gateway ballot drug fostered, brewed, brought to fruition, and cursed by the Republican Party that for the first time has a chance of electing patsies who will willingly destroy America, the American Way, and end the American Dream will bear the mark of Satan. The GOP will will relish feeding off their own bottom feeders, buffoons, rednecks, holy-rollin', choir singing, overtly bigoted and racist scum that will provide the GOP with yet another chance to encourage the poor, the hungry, the ill, the infirm, and the elderly amongst us to vote against their best interest. And they will be ever ready to both blame and cite the teabaggers as the harbingers of a new America, run by people who mostly never picked up a gun in Americans defense from cowardice and the choice to make political inroads to their own fiefdom they will construct from the ashes of the America of old.

A house built of ashes no longer needs to be divided to fail to stand. The merest of gentle breezes will suffice to bring down such a house; no outside influences need pertain - the splitting asunder of America is the goal of the teabaggers and republicans who wish to do all the things Obama has done, but without the know-how, intelligence, good and kind spirit, and willingness to seek compromise or play well with others. Or one wit of care by their leadership.

If the teabaggers/GOP loses seats or fails to obtain the hugh numbers of seats they fantasize about (hunched in a corner or dark place, pants around their knees, until, totally amazed that masturbat jerking off could possibly be so good until they look down and see a fellow conservative doing them and signaling that they expect reciprocity…) then the face of America may again turn to good works, care for all, diminishment of a military budget eating the country alive, the saving of Social Security and Medicare and all the other beneficial programs America has now thanks to efforts of the Democratic Party and a very few republicans of conscience.

It strikes me, curiously, that here we are almost halfway through the day and I don't hear any teabaggers/rooster GOP members out crowing about any of massive, landslide wins they have promised America. I have heard of the complaints filed against teabaggers for interfering at voting places; nothing new here.

Could it be that many Americans are like me who, when listening to either of these dysfunctional parties, locks up the good silverware, hides the women and the cash, barricades the door, arms all alarm systems, and places all the weapons in strategic locations. (I don't own any guns but anyone stupid enough to enter my home without permission will find that I do have genuine damascus swords and dozens of knives made of the world's finest steels by some of the worlds great knife smiths and I know how to use 'em. If you tossed an apple in the air in front of me it would be peeled, cored, and quartered before it hit the ground;.)

So here's my best wishes that Americans, true Americans and patriots, will get out and vote in great enough numbers to end the evil wishes and wares of teabaggers and the GOP.Let's get it together and expose the charade of the teabaggers and GOP.

And one last thing, anyone claiming that Meg Whitman will be elected California Governor has missed, or pretends not to have seen, the crashing fall of the Great (Non) American Hero, Arnold, who has screwed this state up so badly the economy here may never recover - and if Whitman wins it never will.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! Not sure how I missed you in all this time, but I may be madly in love. No worries, it's just a political crush.

Still... Stumbled across you by way of this post (http://vidiotspeak.blogspot.com/2008/08/another-useless-rumination.html) and started kind of poking around.

You write very well, and very passionately. As an older Dem, who sometimes despairs of future young Dems, or a future IN young Dems, it's nice to be reminded from time to time that there ARE young folks with that passion. Thanks.

Today wasn't as bad as it could have been, wasn't anywhere near as good as it SHOULD have been. We saved Reid, which, while he isn't that useful of a save, nevertheless keeps yet one more batshit crazy eejit out of the Senate, AND is a pretty nice nanny nanny boo boo ending to the day. :-D

You've been added to my feed and my blogroll on DKos, and I look forward to reading you regularly.

Thanks for being you, thanks for caring, thanks for writing about it.

Cheers!

SophK

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

Hi, Soph, your thoughtful comment is most appreciated and I am always overjoyed to know that others might like what I've written. The young part gives me…pause, as I was born in 1953, but I've never stopped thinking I am young if what I do, write, say, and lead my life by examples of strict personal ethics that were formed in the crucible of my youth when I went "independent" (left home, dontchaknow), put myself through high school, enlisted in the Air Force, had an exemplary career, got out, bounty hunted professionally along with being a bail agent, and then, bam!, TWO Agent Orange cancers hit me so hard that I will never recover and escape the extreme neurological pain caused by the severing of several major nerves. It's also saddled me with a very difficult mental state to control; the technical, highly particularized, medical term of art is that I am, "Full goose Bozo," a distinction I wear with a measure of pride.

You mention saving Reid - are you Nevadan? I did most of the growing up above in Las Vegas, Rancho High School, Class of 1971, lived at corner of Lake Mead and Lamb, and, like all Nevadans then I could recite the basic speed law from memory: You shall drive at a speed that is safe and prudent for the road and weather conditions prevailing. (No highway speed limits then, but gas was only 22-25¢ per gal.) I have to continue this in another comment block so I don't overwhelm the system…

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Bill Arnett said...

Also, as regards our current crop of youth, I have endeavored to teach my kids and their friends to do a little critical thinking before they bite into teabaggers/GOP propaganda, mostly with the simplest logic (One guy, a teabbager/GOP member, is drilling holes in the bottom of your boat, America, which is sinking ever faster; you have another guy, a craftsman, repairing holes as fast as he can. Which one do you help and which one do you throw overboard? And do you give the one thrown overboard a teabag life preserver?)

But, by happy circumstance it does seem that I called the outcome of these elections better than any TV pundit. No landslides for the teabaggers/GOP, a slim majority, insufficient to override a veto, in the House; and the GOP COULD NOT MUSTER THE VOTES TO CONTROL THE SENATE which should speak volumes. Not even a simple majority and nowhere near the seat turnovers the GOP has been crowing and averring would occur.

I count that as a resounding defeat for both of those politically bereft parties.

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Nicole said...

This was a lovely bloog post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home